Every Friday, we are excited to shine a spotlight on the incredible women making a significant impact in the business world. From entrepreneurs and innovators to small business owners and industry leaders, these remarkable women are breaking barriers, inspiring others, and carving a path toward success.
Today we are showcasing Kamshuka, a Lifestyle & Wellness Coach at The Conscious Warriors. The Conscious Warriors is a wellness platform created to elevate, empower, and awaken the warrior within you. Focused on celebrating your journey to wellness and healing we attract purpose through wholeness. To live fearlessly fearing less each day while we highlight the storyboard of individuals and organizations who embrace mindful elevation.
What inspired you to start your business?
The Self-journey to healing and overcoming adversity through PTSD, childhood trauma and this journey called life inspired me to create a safe space for people to come together, educate themselves and heal.
Looking at where you are now what would you tell your younger self?
I would tell her not to look around or outside of herself, Look within, and focus inward. Everything you desire and need is within you.
What is the biggest challenge you faced being a woman in business?
Embracing my Value and Worth. When you don’t see your value, you can not share that with the world and it becomes harder to prove in a man’s world.
What advice would you give an aspiring female entrepreneur who is just starting their journey?
I would say TAKE YOUR TIME, Build slow, Build Up and Build Strong
What do you wish more people knew about YOU?
I wish people knew how much I love Bobo tea & I also wish they knew that I love my bed and being in it as much as I enjoy socializing.
In what ways do you believe women can uplift and empower each other?
I believe most women are naturally nurtured, if we just began to care outside our own businesses and brands, we would discover that women all around need exactly what they are giving daily. We can uplift one another by sharing a listening ear, a warm embrace, or even just a drink.
How do you maintain self-care while running a business?
I love maintaining Self Care as it is the foundation for how I react, respond and communicate with those I want to serve through my business Here are a few ways I hold myself accountable:
1. Schedule "me" time: Set aside a specific time each day or week for self-care activities, even if it's just a few minutes to do something you enjoy.
2. Learn to say no: Don't be afraid to decline extra responsibilities or commitments that may overwhelm you and take away from your self-care time.
3. Involve your family: Get your family involved in self-care activities, like going for a family walk or doing a creative project together. Share household responsibilities with your partner or older children, so you have more time for self-care.
4. Prioritize sleep: Ensure you get enough rest and quality sleep to recharge your energy. Practice mindfulness: Incorporate meditation or deep breathing exercises into your daily routine to reduce stress and stay present.
5. Exercise regularly: Find physical activities you enjoy and make them a regular part of your week.
6. Nurture hobbies and interests: Make time for hobbies or activities that bring you joy and fulfillment.
7. Be kind to yourself: Remember that it's okay to take breaks and prioritize your well-being. You are doing your best, and taking care of yourself benefits both you and your family.
Is there anything else you would like to share about your journey to experience with our audience?
I want to remind us all to be open to one another’s ideas and experiences. We can all learn from each other. Take time to learn about the audience and people you are serving. I learnt so much about approaching life with the Coat of Calmness during the storm, taking deep breaths, allowing myself to heal daily and giving myself permission to fail and rise.
If you made it this far I'm impressed. Join us every Friday as we embark on this journey of inspiration and growth with women.